Thursday, May 2, 2019

Project 4: Process Post #2

The setting up of this installation was very tricky. It took a ton of trial and error and experimenting to correctly and efficiently set everything up to the maximum possible potential. I had to try several other kinds of materials before I bought and decided to use the sheet/curtains that I used for my final showing. Some of the other materials I tried, such as plastic shopping bags connected together, a shower curtain, and large sheets of paper just either were not efficient enough to meet my satisfaction or did not allow for good visibility/clarity of the projections. I wanted the material to be symbolic for pollution, but decided that I valued the visibility of the projections over the symbolic deeper meaning; however, I think that the sheets are the perfect material to incorporate both to a great level. It was not too hard setting this up, but certainly not easy. The hardest part was finding a spot in the black box that I could set it up, then using the space and resources around to help make it great. Once I had everything in place, I cut a flap in the sheet where the mirror will be, and then began the task of figuring out the perfect placement of the projector.

No comments:

Post a Comment