Friday, March 8, 2019

Project 2: Documentation

My project was intended to represent the faces and lives of the victims of the tragic high school shooting in Parkland a year ago.  Using a lot of symbolism, I believe that my installation was successful as it was effective at allowing the audience to understand the piece and make their own conclusions on it, despite its ambiguity. I didn't want it to come off as 'too easy/straight-forward' where the audience understands everything they see right away; however, I wanted it to be clear enough, but have the audience still put some thought into it. From showing respect and commemorating the victims, to promoting the call for gun control, I believe that my project speaks a lot and in an efficient way. 
This installation, although I would've liked to incorporate a bit more complexity/animation to it, was still very effective as its simplicity is less distracting to the viewer and allows them to focus and think more about what it's really saying.  




No comments:

Post a Comment